Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sweet San Diego Livin'

Here are some photos from Angie, Cal and my trip to sunny southern California last weekend. The photos loaded in reverse chronological order, so above you see me and Cal south of the border on avenue Revolucion, or whatever. We bought a mini guitar and some puppets and we're glad we went, though we don't plan on going back anytime real soon.
Here we are in front of the gorgeous San Diego temple. Of all the temples I've seen in person, this one had the most "wow" factor by far. Absolutely spectacular building, setting and very peaceful on the grounds. We can't wait to go through it someday.
Here is the happy little camping family. Cal is very dirty from crawling around in dirt. It was our first offical camping trip as a fam and everything went great. We were comfortable, had a great fire, a great dutch oven dessert and a hearty breakfast. The campground itself was not spectacular, but it was convienent and not too bad.
This is on Imperial beach. The waves were pretty darn huge and there was a ton of surfers. I got rocked pretty hard by a couple of the waves. Cal had fun, but was very nervous around the water.
This is Angie and Cal in front of the Hotel de Coronado, which is like 120 years old and a real historical land mark. We walked through it and it was very cool.

Overall, it was a lovely little jaunt to the coast. We're glad we did it while we live so close the ocean and all the attraction that SoCal has to offer. We think the Foster family should definitely do another reunion in San Diego. Great Town.

5 comments:

Mark said...

San Diego is a great town to visit, but unless you're a multi-millionaire, it would be a tough place to live.

The San Diego temple is definitely the most spectacular of all the modern temples. I love the Denver temple, but why did San Diego get the special treatment?

I'm all for a Foster reunion in San Diego within the next few years.

Good to see Geoff making some regular entries.

Tankfos said...

The San Diego temple is so awesome looking. I have never seen it in person but I really want to. That is why i have decided to marry a women from San Diego. I figure that will narrow down my search.

Matthew said...

What is wrong with you? No normal man has that much chest hair.

Wendi said...

Love the pics, and that one of the lovely windswept Angie holding Cal was especially nice, as I'm sure you agree. You have a beautiful family!

I second the motion of a San Diego reunion, if for no other reason than I've never been to California before and would love to check it out.

Danalin said...

Looks like a fun trip! Thanks for the pictures. We sure miss you guys and are excited to see you soon. Did you guys camp the whole weekend? Great idea while the weather is still so nice. Even Cali gets a little chilly in the winter.
I have to comment on some of the comments...you've never been to California, Wendi?! Then I vote for California being destination Foster Reunion soon as well! And, Addie, I like the narrowing of your search - a woman named Kate from California. Maybe your wedding will be the reason for the Foster Fam gathering in Southern California. :) Sounds good to me!