Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Rocky Balboa? Oh my!


I hope not to offend anyone in the family, but after just spending 104 minutes of my life in front of the film "Rocky Balboa," I need to vent my feelings. That was one of the stupidest, most poorly acted, ill conceived and overall terrible movies I've ever seen. I know that sounds harsh, but I literally could not believe what I was watching. When I heard about that movie, I had grave doubts, but I read some good reviews and I figured, "maybe old Sly Stallone threw a few interesting plot twists and made an interesting story about an old boxer." He didn't. In fact, he made the most predictable, shallow and sorry film he possibly could have. I don't know what else to say. I realize I'm a little heated up over this, but I honestly cannot believe that movie was made and actually accepted as anything but the total joke it is. It stunk and that is all there is to it. If anyone reading this can think of any redeeming quality about Rocky Balboa, please post a comment and let me know.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Hey, man. Lay off Rocky. The Italian Stallion's been through a lot. How would you like to be 60 years old and still having to step into the ring to let some young stud pound your face into hamburger?

I'll admit, when I first saw the ad for the latest Rocky installment, I thought it must be a joke. "No way," I thought. "Stallone must be 65 years old!" And then when I saw it get good reviews, I thought I might check it out.

But sounds like it's a joke anyways, just an pathetic and unintentional one.

So now, after your scathing review, I'll probably just skip it. It would break my heart to see the man who pulled the southpaw on Apollo, clubbed Clubber, and singlehandly diffused the cold war by defeating Ivan Drago, be pounded into an irrelevant pulp late into his golden years.

So long, Stallion. Time to ride off into the sunset . . . before someone takes you out behind the barn and shoots you.

Goose said...

Not that bad!!!

Drew

Beckalita said...

Jeff, If you want to see the worst Rocky movie then see Rocky 5 with Tommy Morrison. Rocky Balboa got good reviews because people had gotten used to the downward trend of each one getting worse. I rank them in order best to worst as follows: Rocky 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 5. I admit I was glad that CD's have subtitles so I could understand what he was saying. I appreciate the review, but I think you were a little harsh. The only movie that has gotten me as worked up as you were with this was the steaming pile of waste aka: Church Ball.